The pooja room is the most sacred space in a home. It can be simple or intricate as you want it to be.
The idea is that it should radiate positive spiritual energy.
Although the layout of the pooja room and Vastu shastra play an essential role here, we’ll reflect on
how appropriate furnishing and home decoration can help to create an inviting and serene apace.
1. Paint the walls: The colours of the room should augment the sense of serenity yet make a
subtle statement. The home temple is a small space and painting it in light shades of yellow
or orange will keep the space open and peaceful.
2. Have a beautiful backdrop: A stunning backdrop will accentuate the simple altar with the
deity’s idol. For a monochrome prayer space, a minimalistic mandap with Laddu Gopal size
50 idol is highlighted against a white plaque with a gold leaf pattern.
3. Play with soft furnishings: Fabrics, with their various sheens and textures, are a great way to
liven up a space. Since the mandir is all about low seating, use floor cushions upholstered in
silk or brocade – functional yet a stand-out element.
4. Distinctive pooja door design: The entrance must be distinguishable and those wooden
doors with bells, carvings, or filigreed work are traditional options that never go out of style.
5. Use effective lighting: Decorate the altar with small battery-operated tea lights or firefly
string lights. You can even use a strip of LED lights to highlight the entrance.
6. Decorate the floor: As it’s a common practice to decorate the floor with freshly made
rangolis, another permanent solution would be to simply paint the rangoli design on the
floor in a contrasting colour.
7. Accessorise: Add accessories like torans or garlands of marigolds strung across the entrance.
Loose flowers or petals can be used across the mandap, traditional brass lamps, antique-
looking framed pictures of gods, diyas, and bells –these elements can be used to beautify
the pooja room.
A pooja room reflects how you see laddu Gopal and decorating it will bring peace to your inner self.
> Whatsapp : 8979975712